allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
We are now recruiting for a Head of Development to lead our Development Team, based in our Hereford Office and providing leadership to Agile Teams based in our satellite office as well. In this role, you’ll work as part of the IT Leadership Team, driving ongoing process and performance improvements across Development and IT / Change as a whole. The Development team maintain in excess of 30 bespoke applications, and is at the forefront of developing innovative new technologies to help allpay continuously deliver world-class solutions to our clients and their customers.
As Head of Development, some of your key duties will include:
- Providing strong leadership to the Development / Test and Agile functions, ensuring delivery is aligned to business expectation;
- Working closely with Programme, Portfolio and Product management to set expectation with the Development team;
- Leading the continuous delivery of products and services to quality, time and budget ensuring quality releases
- Managing product development within the software development and release lifecycle exploiting both Agile and Waterfall development methods where applicable
- Defining and working within agreed SLA, OLA and KPI’s within team and to customers both internal and external to allpay
- Managing the development, implementation and enhancement of policies, processes and procedures that affect the organisation’s short and long term goals and strategies
- Identifying areas for improvement in requirements, design, testing, implementation and maintenance performed by colleagues and feed back to Stakeholders.
- Motivating individuals, teams and department to achieve deadlines and goals, mentoring, directing and coaching where necessary.
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- A proven ability to manage, align, direct, motivate and coach the department and lead by example.
- A proven ability to work and make decisions especially when under pressure.
- Ability to tackle difficult problems in a professional and effective manner.
- Extensive knowledge of software development, testing and hardware environments including networking.
- Previous hands on development and test skills, in depth knowledge of development and testing best practices and current tools sets
- Well-organised, detail-oriented and able to handle and effectively prioritise multiple tasks under pressure.
In return, allpay offers a competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. Roles in our Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from our two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to our subsidised gym with personal trainer.
If you can see yourself working for allpay, we’d love to hear from you.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.