NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Building Control Surveyor to join the team home based South East England, Kent, Sussex area. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £36,500 – £44,000 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the quality of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built – the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment
Working from home, you can also look forward to real flexibility, plus an excellent work/life balance. You will enjoy a high level of responsibility as well as autonomy but with the full support of a dedicated management network.
What will I be responsible for as a Building Control Surveyor?
Take responsibility for the assessment of building regulation and warranty applications for residential developments and associated non-residential uses. Responsible for the overall co-ordination of building control and warranty projects including negotiating with developers, builders and their professional advisors, from initial design to completion, to ensure proposals are satisfactory in relation to building control and warranty in accordance with relevant regulations/ NHBC Standards. Being able to communicate clearly and efficiently with all stakeholders is key to this role. You will also support inspection staff with the provision of expert advice, inspection of high risk/complex elements or features of building work, the identification / communication of key inspection stages and review of progress.
What do I need to bring as a Building Control Surveyor?
– Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution (RICS, CABE, CIOB).
– Relevant experience in the construction industry as Building Control Surveyor / Building Control Officer.
– Experience of plan appraisal of residential developments and associated non-residential uses.
– Proven ability to make pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with Building Regulations and NHBC Standards.
– Able to work with the minimum of supervision, in line with established policies and procedures
– Knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards/legislation.
– IT literate with the ability to use a range of software programs.
– Good communication skills both verbal and written with appropriate interpersonal skills.
What’s the deal when I become a Building Control Surveyor?
– £36,500 – £44,000 depending on experience, location and including remote worker allowance
– 6% bonus.
– Company car.
– 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
– Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
– Partially funded private medical insurance.
– Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
– High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
– Employee assistance programme.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Building Control Surveyor then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities. We are a corporate signatory to WISE and the Women in Finance Charter. We value diversity, understand our inclusive culture helps our business maintain its competitive advantage and aim to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
To apply online https://nhbc-careers.co.uk/available-vacancies/NHBC4804/