NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Major Claims Surveyor to join the team based in Milton Keynes. You will be on a day rate Contract £350 – £450/per day, dependent on experience (for a period of up to 12 months).
NHBC launched a strategic plan to further transform the claims function and improve upon the solid foundations that have been built.
The vision is for a faster, nimbler operation that is quick and easy to deal with; where NHBC and the Builder deliver their obligations under the warranty effectively and efficiently to ensure the needs of consumers are met and their experience is a good one.
The role as our Major Claims Surveyor
– The Major Claims Surveyor is accountable for managing the major or complex repair strategy by providing technical advice and expertise on the investigation, scoping of repair works and managing of the repairs programme.
– The Major Claims Surveyor will co-ordinate the necessary investigative work with external consultants (where appropriate); provide technical input to external consultant’s findings; support the claims handler in determining validity; and then managing the scoping, specification, tendering and appointment of Remedial Works Contractors and subject matter experts from a network / panel of suppliers.
– The Major Claims Surveyor will then ensure the repair project is delivered in a commercially viable, efficient and effective manner with excellent customer service and high quality repairs.
To be successful in this role as our Major Claims Surveyor you must be:
– Excellent experience in surveying or construction as a surveyor (quantity surveyor), contracts manager, estimator, construction manager or site manager for a volume house builder, Housing Association (Development Branch) or working for a private construction practice. You must have a strong track record of ‘delivering a successful business’ in construction, repairs or major property claims.
– Degree level calibre and a commitment to ‘professional excellence’. Ideally a member of a relevant professional institution such as RICS, CIOB/CII/CILA with broad knowledge and understanding of building control and planning regulations.
– Excellent project management skills in managing outsourced providers in the investigation, scoping, specification, contract and delivery of multiple major and complex repairs / construction projects. Ensure effective and efficient management of repairs to ensure that the repairs are ‘delighting the customer’.
– Good experience of specifying works and managing tender process with remedial works contractors, external consultants, architects, engineers, surveyors and project managers.
– Strong influencing and assertiveness skills with multiple stakeholders – repairs works contractors, specialist contractors, builders – and collaborate with internal teams as part of ‘One NHBC’. Good communication skills both verbal and written.
– Must be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of the nature, complexity and timescales involved in managing major construction (and remediation services), ideally for residential structures and in particular high rise buildings.
– Commercially focused, cost driven and innovative; able to demonstrate where they have been ‘staying ahead of the competition’.
– Good knowledge of FCA requirements, especially Treating Your Customer Fairly (TCF) and strong knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Major Claims Surveyor then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
NHBC (National House-Building Council) is a non-profit distributing company and the leading warranty and insurance provider and standard setter for UK house-building for new and newly converted homes. We reinvest all our surpluses in achieving our primary purpose: improving quality in house building to protect homeowners through cover provided by the NHBC Buildmark policy.
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities
To apply online https://nhbc-careers.co.uk/available-vacancies/NHBC4820/