The BIG Day Out is Cartrefi Conwy’s annual tenant fun day.
But it is much more than just a ‘fun’ day. The aim of the day is to engage with our tenants regarding key business objectives, but our tenants would never know it.
We work really hard to make sure our tenants have an interactive, exciting, fun-filled day with their family whilst giving them valuable information to support them and their tenancy.
This year saw the Britain’s Got Talent stars ‘Twist and Pulse’ strutting their stuff and teaching our younger tenants some ‘moves’.
Ranger Rob brought along his creepy crawlies. We had stilt walkers, fire breathers, graffiti artists, street dancers, singers, inflatables and much, much more.
The event planning starts in January every year (for the event in August) and we have a small but dedicated project planning group with representatives from all areas of the business (including our apprentices) that lead on specific areas of work.
However, ALL our colleagues get stuck in; whether its hand delivering the invites to our tenants, litter picking on the day, car park attending, looking after their stands or even wearing our mascot costumes. In fact our Managing Director was on parking duty this year!
We invite a number of external stand holders to the event and last year we had 30 partner organisations joining us, recording nearly 3000 effective engagements (i.e. out tenants signed up to something or agreed to receive further information etc).
And most importantly, our tenants love it!
Here are just some of the lovely comments we received:
• I would like to thank you for a fantastic day and to all staff present – they were very helpful and all the exhibitors
• Thank you ever so much for a wonderful day.
• I would like to thank you all so much for a wonderful day out at Eirias park. I am sure a great day was had by all. The staff and everyone involved in making the day happen were all wonderful, and very helpful to the tenants who went out on the completely free day out, once again many thanks on behalf of myself and all who had a lovely day
• Well Done Cartrefi Conwy, it was a fantastic day. Hopefully you will have one next year- I will be attending definitely
• Thank you for a lovely day. Your staff were kind and helpful. We had a great time and were very very impressed. Congratulations for a fantastic ‘ day out ‘ and a job well done!
This project, along with every shortlisted application in the Welsh Housing Awards, was published in CIH Cymru’s annual Good Practice Compendium, sponsored by Lovell.
The 2017 edition is a compilation of practice from across the breadth of the sector, divided into chapters that reflect areas of focus in housing right now.
You can download the Good Practice Compendium 2017 in English or Welsh on the CIH Cymru website.