Six Month Fixed Term Contract
£35,700 plus £3,000 car allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Greenacre Recruitment has been asked to aid with the recruitment of an area surveyor. The client is looking for somebody who will provide the regional surveying function with data to enable the delivery of the clients annual asset investment programme. With customers put first throughout all activities. Contribute to achieve a climate of continuous learning and customer service and operational improvement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engages the right contractors to meet operational requirements. Support and build a competent and motivated contractor base that effectively deliver excellent services.
- Empower local decision making and forward planning for each area of service delivery.
- Constantly communicate customer interests to influence and develop the clients strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a level of awareness that enables the anticipation of emerging issues which may impact on future customer relationship.
- Continually able to recognise and respond to issues that have wider business implications.
- Work collaboratively in order to enhance the clients operational performance and Strategic objectives.
- Deliver the maintenance contract management and surveying function to enable the delivery of the annual asset investment and maintenance programme, with customers put first throughout all activities.
- Ensure the effective and consistent surveying and technical judgements are made in respect of supporting Regional Housing Teams in their delivery of cost effective value for money repairs and void management services.
- Prepare feasibility studies, specifications, schedules of work, tender and contract documentation, presentations and working drawings for major works and special projects.
- Prepare information on projects with regard to The Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and inspect and ensure compliance of all contractor documentation and activity.
- To be accountable for performance improvement, service development and driving asset investment decisions to ensure our housing and services meet local demand and provide value for money
- Ensure the administration of project contracts in accordance with Standing Orders and contractual requirements.
- Ensure consistent project management, performance management and budgetary control for contracted works and special projects.
- Ensure consistent contract and contractor management, performance management and budgetary control.
- Be responsible for the budgetary control of designated projects.
- Follow and implement action plans to address budget variances.
- Ensure that delegated authorities are adhered to.
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of the housing and care sector
- Knowledge and understanding of building construction, property maintenance and responsive repairs
- Experience of delivering maintenance services and services to leaseholders and tenants
- Experience in managing a multi-site service
- HND/HNC in building or construction
- Ability to apply strong generalist skills to managing technical areas of responsibility
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Ability to plan and programme own work and that of contractors
- Ability to prioritise and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to identify customer needs and develop appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve and to assess situations and make positive judgements to reflect the local requirements
- Experience of managing contractual and financial performance of operations
- Technical knowledge
- Project and contractor management
- Health and Safety (Practice and Compliance)
- Clean driving licence
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays
- Track record of developing performance in an operating and service delivery environment
- Experience of facilitating groups of residents/ resident engagement
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency and business