We’re going through a culture change programme and we need someone to lead our communications about it all. We’re looking for someone passionate about delivering better for customers – internal and external – and with great energy to drive positive change across the organisation. It’s about positioning us for what we want to be known for through campaigns, engagement activities, new tools and through a variety of communications channels. Could you fill this busy but rewarding role?
Who are Acis?
We own over 7000 social housing properties across the middle of England and take our roles in our customer’s lives really seriously, putting the customer first in everything we do. We have a wide variety of customers and have ambitious targets to deliver the best service we can in an ever changing landscape.
What does a typical day look like for a Communications and Engagement Lead
- Defining and leading the change of our culture across the organisation
- Designing and delivering key campaigns that helps engage our people and makes change happen
- Developing and managing projects, campaigns and plans through to completion, and in particular communication plans for our transformation programme. This is to ensure our key organisational messages reach our target customer groups, and ensure these plans are delivered on time and to agreed quality and brand standards
- Researching and trialling new approaches to engaging our customers digitally
- Helping us maximise the effectiveness of all our communication vehicles including company website, newsletters, printed materials, social media, events and conferencing
- Delivering and facilitating workshops, information sessions and training internally and externally, with particular focus on manager-level communications
- Bringing innovation into the team, through new tools and ways of getting our message out there
- Managing our marketing supplier network, driving excellent service standards, partnership work, value for money and added value
- Leading on the co-design of communications with our customers to drive change in the way we communicate with them
The must haves (essential skills)
- Passionate about customers and how they interact with us to ensure we deliver the best service we can and communicate it to them in innovative and different ways
- Energised by culture change with the knowledge and experience of how internal comms drives it
- A love of planning – who is organised, likes detail and can ensure we stay on track and deliver on time and in budget
- Relentless optimism (and enthusiasm!) – you’ll be leading the charge for our change campaigns, and we need someone who can lead by example, model it and keep driving it to make change happen
- Driven by working in collaboration – be that customers, colleagues, teams, suppliers or partners – and using those relationships to make change happen
- A puzzle solver – someone who can get in the detail to understand what we need, match that to big new ideas, and connect this together to our strategy and vision
- Flexible and efficient – this role is part of a fast-paced and leading team which means you need the skills and confidence to be able to get stuck in, make decisions, and get the job done on time
- Significant experience in a similar role leading change campaigns and engagement activities with either customers and internal audiences
- Strong people skills – someone who works collaboratively within their own team and across other teams
The added extras (desirable skills)
- Involvement in or experience of the social housing sector
- Qualification in marketing, internal communications, journalism or equivalent
- Experience and/or qualification in training or facilitation
- Digital skills, qualification or experience
- Customer engagement
Being part of the Acis team
- You’ll work from our corporate office at Acis House in Gainsborough or Sheffield. We might ask you to visit other sites or locations as part of your role.
- We’re working for our customers between 7am and 7pm Monday – Friday. Most people are here from 8:30am to 5pm (4:30pm on a Friday), but we’re flexible so talk to your line manager to find out the best fit.
- You’ll work 24 hours each week however there is the possibility of additional hour’s dependant on business needs. We also offer flexi-time, talk to your line manager for more details.
- You’ll get:
- At least 25 days annual leave every year, with bank holidays on top of this.
- An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%.
- The opportunity to undertake additional company sponsored professional training.
- This role requires a basic DBS check
- We like to get face to face with customers and suppliers, so a full driving licence would be great to have but isn’t required for this role.
- We like to be smart and safe, so you’ll need to wear office smart clothing at all times.
- We want people to know you, so you’ll work with a variety of stakeholders such as; other team members, Managers and Directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other agencies etc.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity.Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. The post holder will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the Line Manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Where applicable, all relevant figures are pro rota for part time employees.
We may close this vacancy earlier than the stated closing date if the volume of applicants is high
This is a fixed term role due to end September 2021.