£43,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Greenacre Recruitment has been asked to aid with the recruitment of a contracts surveyor. The client will be looking for someone who is responsible to assist the Head of Asset Management in delivering the clients stock improvement and re-investment programme and the Trust’s Asset Management Strategy. The post-holder will specify, procure and manage contractors to deliver capital, planned and cyclical works programmes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Devising annual planned and cyclical works programmes
- Managing major capital, planned and cyclical projects and works programmes
- Delivering the clients asset management strategy
- To procure and manage planned and cyclical projects and contractors
- Carry options appraisals and project management one off major works
- Ensure that exposure to risk from a Health and Safety or Statutory Compliance failure is minimised
- To be part of the clients property team
- Contribute to maintaining an effective workplace
What they’ll be looking for:
- Full membership of RICS, MCIOB or CIH
- This role requires you to travel from site to site where there is now always convenient public transport. If you do not have your own motor vehicle you will need to demonstrate how you will carry out this aspect of the role.
- At least two to three years post qualification experience in managing planned maintenance works programmes to residential property or a closely related activity.
- Experience of working on a project from inception to completion
- Must be able to write specifications of work and tender evaluation at the start of the process.
- Strong project management skills.
- Managing complex building projects to deliver required time, cost and quality.
- Procuring and delivering large property maintenance works programmes.
- Effective budget management skills.
- Effective contract management skills.
- Knowledge of housing property law, industry standards and good practice.
- Knowledge of property related health and safety.
- Understands how an awareness of diversity influences the way you deliver a service
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency and business