Are you up for a really big challenge; if so we might just have the right role for you.
Acis Group is a dynamic and forward thinking registered provider of affordable housing and student accommodation. We create opportunities for people to have better lives through the provision of better homes and better services.
As Director of Property Services you’ll be a key part of our Executive Leadership Team helping to drive all matters of corporate management and business development; making a positive and creative contribution to overall business strategy and policy formulation to help us achieve the Group’s overall objectives. You’ll take personal responsibility for three vital property services functions.
- Our in-house repairs and maintenance team delivers repairs to all our customers as well as our gas and electrical compliance servicing and capital investment programme works;
- Our asset management team oversee our strategic asset management activities, planning programmes of work and maintaining our stock condition information as well as helping us to manage some specialist external contractor delivery;
- Our new homes development team are striving to deliver around 250 new homes a year to help us grow and to ensure the quality of our homes continues to improve
The successful candidate will be highly professional, with in depth experience and understanding of property and asset management, new homes development, and a senior track record of achievement that will ensure impact and credibility with our key stakeholders and Board members. With strong commercial acumen, the successful candidate will also demonstrate a clear customer focus and a social ethos.
If you would like an informal chat about this opportunity please give Greg Bacon, our chief executive a call on 07776 152072.
Your role is all about ensuring the delivery of Acis vision, values, and business plan – providing clear direction and effective leadership to support a culture and climate which inspires service excellence.
Who are Acis?
We provide homes for people who need them and services to help our customers lead better lives.
We own and manage more than 7,000 properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber, helping thousands of people in our communities every single day.
This includes homes for affordable rent, homes for students and homes for older people. We even develop new homes to help people get on the property ladder.
And we have a distinct way of doing all this. Everything we do is for our customers. We think positively, we try to say ‘yes’ more often, we work collaboratively, we try to overcome any barriers placed in our way, we encourage innovation and, in simple terms, get things done. This is called The Acis Way.
What does a typical day look like for a (insert job role)?
- Being an active and effective member of the Executive Leadership Team, liaising with Board Members, the Chief Executive and other Directors on all matters of corporate management and business development; making a positive and creative contribution to overall business strategy and policy formulation at Board and Executive Leadership Team level to help achieve the Company’s overall objectives.
- Directing the Property Services team and being directly responsible to the Chief Executive for all matters relating to the delivery of repairs and maintenance services, capital investment planning and delivery, home standard compliance and the delivery of the Company’s new homes development programme.
- Ensuring that the existing property asset base is appropriately maintained and improved in an efficient manner to provide good quality homes for the Company’s customers and to ensure that investment in new homes development is efficiently targeted to achieve the corporate objectives whilst providing appropriate returns on investment.
- Directing the overall delivery of asset investment and maintenance services to ensure that the Company’s corporate objectives on neighbourhood sustainability and the protection and improvement of its property assets are met so that excellent customer care is achieved while maintaining strong financial control and delivering value for money.
The must haves (essential skills)
·Thorough knowledge of property construction and maintenance techniques and the built environment
·Full understanding of financial appraisal techniques including an understanding of the cost and expected life cycle of all major building component elements and underlying debt financing
·Good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including CDM and all Homes Standard compliance areas
·Practical knowledge and understanding of social housing
·Resilience. Working in social housing is a challenging but rewarding career. You’ll be helping to bring real change to our customers’ lives.
·Motivating, coaching and supporting your team is what gets you up every day. Nothing makes you happier than seeing someone progress, knowing you helped them get there
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, you’ll also need:
·Substantial experience in a senior management role in asset management, property services, or building functions
·Experience of the direct management of property maintenance services
·Experience of successfully managing large financial budgets
·Experience of direct reporting to non-executive boards and committees
·Experience of leading complex, high value, investment strategies and teams
·Experience of the implementation of projects and programmes in effective delivery partnerships with others
·Experience of the involvement of service users in the design and delivery of service
Highly developed commercial acumen and entrepreneurial skills
The added extras (desirable skills)
·An appropriate professional qualification commensurate with the job role (such as BIFM, CABE, CIOB, RIBA, RICS) or a degree level education in a relevant discipline (architecture, building, construction, surveying). (demonstrable experienced based equivalent by exception only)
·A formal management qualification (such as CMI, ILM, MBA) is desirable
·You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the experience.
We all have our part to play
·We’re committed to our vision of creating better homes, better services and better lives for our customers.
·We demonstrate behaviours which are in line with our core values of being honest, positive, and ambitious.
·We ensure all aspects of our work are in line with our customer-first focus – internal and external.
·We uphold our commitment to equality and diversity.
·We’re aware of our personal responsibilities regarding the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure our Health and Safety policy is adhered to in all aspects of our work.
·We treat all data with respect, ensuring we only use it for the correct purpose and is handled safely and securely.
·We promote and achieve Value for Money (VfM) across the organisation.
Being part of the Acis team
·You’ll work from our head office at Acis House in Gainsborough and Parkway Works in Sheffield. We might ask you to visit other sites or locations as part of your role and this role will require providing support at both of our offices, primarily in your base location.
·We’re working for our customers between 7am and 7pm Monday – Friday. Most people are here from 8.30am to 5pm (4.30pm on a Friday).
- At least 25 days annual leave every year, with bank holidays on top of this.
- An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%.
- 10% car allowance
- Private health care
·This role requires a basic DBS check
·We like to be smart and safe, so you’ll need to wear smart office clothing at all times.
·We want people to know you, so you’ll work with a variety of people such as; other team members, managers and directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other organisations and so on.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. The post holder will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the line manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Where a role has different types, the business may at any time ask you to perform the duties of another role type, provided you have the relevant training and skills.
Where applicable, all relevant figures are pro-rata for part time employees.
We may close this vacancy earlier than the stated closing date if the volume of applicants is high.
This is a permanent role.
If you would like to have an informal chat about this opportunity please contact Greg Bacon, Chief Executive, on 07776152072.
The closing date for applications is 21 July 2019.