Electrical Support Officer
Temporary, Full-Time, Three months
£19 PAYE, £24.33 Ltd.
Euston, Central London
Start Date: ASAP
Greenacre Recruitment has been asked to aid with the recruitment of an electrical support officer. The client is looking for somebody who will be responsible for the responsive mechanical and electrical repairs process, ensuring that all electrical repairs are carried out in a timely fashion. This will include the maintenance of entry gates, door entry systems, intercoms, emergency lighting and lifts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Arranging remedial works for any entry gates, door entry systems, intercoms, emergency lighting and lifts that require repairing
- Arranging suitable quotes from the contractors to ensure that these repairs are carried our cost-effectively
- Managing the repairs process from start to finish to ensure proper completion
- Keeping the residents up to date of what is going on with any repair works
- Identifying components that fail repeatedly and taking the advice of the Electrical Contracts Manager or the Technical team to put measures in place to prevent future failures
- Ensuring that works are kept updated on the housing management system for service charge purposes
- Ensure that tight budget control is maintained throughout the financial year with no unplanned overspend.
- Post inspecting 10% of day to day works and arranging post inspections of any high value works
- Monitor and manage delivery of the service in line with contracted performance targets
- Monitor and report on the timely delivery of any repairs that require escalation due to performance such as expressions of dissatisfaction, complaints, disrepair or delay.
- Ensure that the service is delivered in accordance with policies and procedures and support the production of new procedures where these become out of date or new activities are identified. To include writing procedures where appropriate.
- Carry out and ensure the team complete a range of admin duties to ensure the effective delivery of the responsive repairs service including processing invoices
- Regular daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of performance through contracted Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Management Indicators (MIs)
- You will liaise specifically with the Electrical Contracts Manager and with the Property Compliance team in general to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
- You will be primarily based at the Euston office with a requirement to travel to the client and contractors officers
- Knowledge of responsive repairs contracts
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Repairs and Programmes.
- HNC/HND in building/construction related field (desirable) or relevant experience in the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrable ability of managing programmes and contractors to delivery outcomes.
- Working in a customer focused environment.
- Working in a high demand environment
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Maintenance related work experience
- Computer literate
- Intermediate excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, formulas, complex filters)
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Systematic & methodical approach
- Planning & organising
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Numerical awareness
- Use initiative & judgement
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills