Position: Head of Development & Assets
Salary: £60,000 to £65,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
Greenacre Recruitment are working alongside Inquilab to recruit a Head of Development & Assets. The post holder will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of the development programme, where the development is done in the Association’s name through direct allocation of funds and where development is carried out through an agency or partnership housing association. To manage and oversee the delivery of the Association’s Asset Management Strategy, ensuring that the stock is delivered and maintained to the highest possible standards within the resources available. To be responsible for the delivery of the Health & Safety strategy
- Cost effectively manage the Association’s programme of new housing to meet targets of performance set by the Board. To advise senior managers and Board of any significant divergence promptly
- Establish regular communication and working relationships with relevant personnel, local authorities, GLA, other funders and appropriate public and private sector organisations to identify and process development opportunities.
- Prepare annual development programmes within the Association’s development strategy and to be responsible for implementing the programme with funds allocated to ensure that allocations are diligently taken up
- Oversee the production of performance control information and to ensure deviations from programme are identified at the earliest possible time and appropriate remedial action taken.
- Ensure that there is agreement with the agency or partner association on the bidding strategy and a development and/or partnership agreement is in place.
- Liaise with the agency or partner association throughout the bidding process and to assist with securing the funds bid.
- For successful bids to liaise with the agency or partner association and monitor progress.
- Act as the Association’s representative at site meetings and to ensure the Association’s participation in decision making on the scheme as set down in the development agreement.
- Work with others to ensure that the terms of the contract are met and quality programme and services are delivered.
- Ensure that technical information about the stock is kept up to date and that regular stock condition surveys are carried out either personally or through the use of consultants.
- Ensure effective repairs, investment programmes and standards take account of tenants’ requirements.
- Work with others to update the Sustainability model to enable it to shape the Asset Management Strategy & drive the Planned Maintenance Programme.
- Assist with any other work relating to Asset Management, Planned & Cyclical Maintenance.
- Maximise the income within maintenance through the use of grants, Effective insurance claims, latent defects claims, recharges to tenants and others as appropriate and to minimise the losses due to voids, litigation and statutory notices.
- Ensure Inquilab’s Health & Safety Policy and strategy are delivered and that Inquilab is demonstrating compliance in all areas of risk to the business.
Essential Criteria / Qualifications
- Relevant professional qualification and/or technical qualification(s).
- Comprehensive knowledge of social housing’s current operating environment
- An understanding of the development process scheme appraisals.
- Proven experience in delivering new homes.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency and business