Housing Options Officer
Temporary, Full time
12 Months +
Housing Options Officer required to join a public sector organisation based in Birmingham My client is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is experienced with the Homelessness Reduction Act legislation. This role will be on a temporary, full-time basis for a minimum period of two months.
As the Housing Options Officer you will be working with the housing options team providing proficient homelessness prevention, tenancy management and housing options services within the team. You will deal with a case load of individuals presenting themselves as at risk of homelessness, alongside other duties as below:
Key responsibilities of the Homelessness Prevention Support Officer:
- Working knowledge of up to date housing legislation in particular the Homelessness Reduction Act
- Assessing all applicants approaching for assistance under homelessness legislation to determine statutory responsibilities and assess their support needs
- Managing a caseload of homeless applications and housing register cases
- Providing advice and assistance to enable customers to resolve their housing problems
- Arranging emergency accommodation and liaison with support agencies
Required skills and experience of the Homelessness Prevention Support Officer:
- Up to date, extensive knowledge of the Homelessness Reduction Act
- Previous experience of working within a housing options officer role
- Self-motivated, driven and excellent organisational skills
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Housing Options Officer role, please apply now, or contact Hannah Pye at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.