Your role is to provide effective leadership, support and guidance to the income team, enabling delivery of team objectives and maximising income for the business. You’ll be a strong leader, happiest facing into challenges that affect our most vulnerable customers and being an advocate for ways to help them stay on top of their bills. Ultimately, you’ll be the final point for income cases that end up in court, so you must be able to balance the needs of our business, the needs of our customers and the needs of you team – it’s a challenging role but amazingly rewarding.
Who are Acis?
We own over 6200 social housing and 1000 student properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and take our roles in our customer’s lives really seriously, putting the customer first in everything we do. We have a wide variety of customers and have ambitious targets to deliver the best service we can in an ever changing landscape.
What does a typical day look like for an Income Manager
- Leading and supporting your team, both face to face and remotely, and prioritising and allocating team resources
- Interpreting data and writing reports, we generate a lot of information so you need to be adept at understanding figures
- Ensuring that the central rent accounting system records are properly maintained and keeping your team and customers up to speed
- Meeting with agencies such as housing benefit agencies and the DWP, projecting a strong image of the company, whilst always putting our customers first
The must haves (essential skills)
- Direct experience of income management in the social housing sector
- A good standard of education, with at least a GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Excellent leadership skills, with a passion for motivating, coaching and supporting your people
- Strong numeracy skills and an ability able to analyse and interpret data
- The ability to maintain strong ongoing oversight of performance
- Results focused – setting and working to targets to drive improvement
- The understanding and drive to deliver strong customer outcomes
- Experience of managing direct relationships with customers under challenging circumstances
- The ability to steer the team to meet performance whilst still seeing the bigger picture
- Experience of preparing and presenting debt recovery cases for court
- A good working knowledge of Universal Credit
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- Good all-round IT skills which are used to support individual and team performance
- Resilience. Working in social housing is a challenging but rewarding career, you’ll be helping to bring real change to our customer’s lives.
The added extras (desirable skills)
- Experienced in the use of Orchard Housing Management system
- Understanding the importance of equality and diversity, and committed to performing in line with our principles
- Knowledge of legislation relating to rent and service charge setting
- You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the experience.
Being part of the Acis team
- You’ll work from our corporate office at Acis House in Gainsborough or Parkway Works in Sheffield. We might ask you to visit other sites or locations as part of your role.
- We’re working for our customers between 7am and 7pm Monday – Friday. Most people are here from 8:30am to 5pm (4:30pm on a Friday), but we’re flexible so talk to your line manager to find out the best fit.
- You’ll work 37 hours each week, we offer flexi-time, talk to your line manager for more details.
- You’ll get:
- At least 25 days annual leave every year, with bank holidays on top of this.
- An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%.
- The opportunity to undertake additional company sponsored professional training.
- This role requires an enhanced DBS check as this role includes working with vulnerable customers
- We like to get face to face with customers and suppliers, so a full driving licence is essential (or full access to a vehicle and driver under a scheme such as access to work)
- We like to be smart and safe, so you’ll need to wear office smart clothing at all times.
- We want people to know you, so you’ll work with a variety of stakeholders such as; other team members, Managers and Directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other organisations etc.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. The post holder will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the Line Manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Where applicable, all relevant figures are pro rota for part time employees.
We may close this vacancy earlier than the stated closing date if the volume of applicants is high.
This is a permanent role.