Position: Property Director
Location: The Diocese of Guildford
Salary: £54,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
Greenacre Recruitment have been asked to assist The Diocese of Guildford to recruit a Permanent Property Director to join the team.
The role is to lead on the development and implementation of a Property strategy agenda in line with the “Transforming Church, Changing Lives” vision and mission. To ensure that Property plans support the needs of the diocese but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation and Parishes, as and when they occur.
- Development and oversight of a strategic property plan which supports the delivery of the diocesan strategic agenda
- Leadership and management of the property team, external suppliers and consultants in order that the strategy is delivered and developed over time; with day to day responsibilities fulfilled
- Ensure that our clergy feel valued by providing, maintaining and improving housing that will attract and retain people into the diocese, whilst carefully managing our costs. A flexible response is required in order that we can meet the changing needs of our paid ministry team
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with key partners and stakeholders including developers and council planning teams
- Identify, promote and lead on property development opportunities
- To support the leadership teams in our parishes, offering advice and support to clergy, wardens and others as appropriate, either personally or through the identification of particular skills within the team, external suppliers or consultants
- Working with the Chairman of the Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC) for the Care of Churches to seek to ensure that parishes are given a high level of support in managing faculty and related permission processes
- To be the property budget holder, take overall responsibility for the preparation of the annual property budget and ensuring expenditure is kept within budget
- Accountable for ensuring the diocese meets internal and external legal requirements in relation to its properties
- To attend the Bishop’s Staff Meeting and Finance & Audit Meeting as and when required, to offer professional advice and to contribute to the formation of relevant policies
- To liaise with other diocesan officers, Regional Diocesan Surveyors and Property teams and other relevant professional external agencies.
- RICS (or equivalent Body) qualified chartered building surveying
- 3-5 years post qualification experience, with a requirement for Continuing Professional Development
- Previously influenced senior managers, built strong commercial relationships and driven a Property strategy
- Managing a housing portfolio as a building surveyor; building a network of trusted suppliers and consultants
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of UK property law and regulations and their practical application, including landlord/tenant & health & safety
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency and business