£23 an hour Ltd.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a Void Surveyor you will be responsible for the preparation and detailed and accurate specifications of work for void properties, ensuring that work is carried out and completed to appropriate standard, within allocated timescales and costs.
- Supervising the work of the voids team and contractors, ensuring empty properties meet relevant standards of repair and cleanliness.
- Interacting with all members of the Commercial Services and other Directorates, ensuring the provision of accurate timely reports on all aspects of your work.
- Reporting into the Trades Team Supervisor (Voids).
- Liaising with other members of the organisation as required.
- Providing cover for the GP Surveyor.
Scope of the job:
- Undertake inspections to voids properties.
- Provide advice on issues relating to the building/construction industry providing support as necessary.
- Supervise contractors and in-house teams, ensuring that works are completed on time, to the required quality and cost.
- Prepare, handle and administer specifications and contract documents.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide a professional surveying service to clients, customers and other business areas.
- Supply performance data to the Programmed Services Manager as required.
- Minimum HNC Building/Construction related subject.
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in similar role involving building/CE work and a recognised trade qualification e.g. City & Guilds, NVQ Level 3.
- Knowledge of residential building structures and failures.
- Health and Safety Legislation.
- Contract Administration.
- High level of computer literacy
- Report writing
- Project management
- Problem resolution
- Full driving licence essential to undertake duties of post
- Ability to manage own time and to respond effectively under pressure
- Experienced in meeting pre-defined targets
- Excellent customer skills