The Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee will resume their inquiry into the future of high streets.
On 12 November, the Committee will take evidence from local councils and place management groups, and investigate the strategies that local government and other organisations have developed to ensure the long-term viability of high streets and town centres.
The Committee will examine the resources local councils allocate to support the maintenance and renewal of their local high streets, and their application of planning policies, business rates reliefs and parking strategies. It will also examine the role that non-governmental bodies can play in developing innovative strategies and providing management of localities.
The witness schedule is as follows:
Monday 12 November, 4.00pm. Committee Room 15, House of Commons:
Panel 1 (Local government)
- Peter Geraghty, Director of Planning and Transport, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, Chair of the Planning, Housing & Regeneration Board, Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning and Transport
- Richard Roe, Corporate Director of Place, Trafford Council
- Liz Philpot, Growth Programmes and Policy Manager, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Panel 2 (Place management organisations)
- Ojay McDonald, Chief Executive, Association of Town and City Management
- Christina Rowe, Director of Operations, Bedford BID
- Jonathan Newman, Town Centre Manager, Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership