Throughout the day, speakers both on the main stage and in the professional practice sessions will update delegates and provide unique insights into the latest policy developments in tackling and preventing homelessness.
Victoria Kell, Homelessness Advisor at Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government will speak about the Rough Sleeping Strategy and the impact on the sector, we will then explore housing first models and approaches and research around why it works.
We hear a Local Authority impact evaluation of the Act to date and Trish Connolly, Housing Services Development Manager at Crisis will talk through developing and delivering the Duty to Refer Framework.
The event will also explore the latest thinking around health and homelessness; delivering H-CLIC and Rightmove’s equivalent for Homelessness – Homeless Rooms.
We have an exciting line up of speakers confirmed:
- Mike Wright, Strategic Lead for Homelessness, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Jane Cook, Health & Homelessness Advisor, MHCLG
- Victoria Kell, Homelessness Advisor – Homeless Advice and Support Team (MHCLG)
- Gemma Sciré, CEO Basis Yorkshire – Provisionally Confirmed
- Trish Connolly, Housing Services Development Manager, Crisis
- Mark Peters and Lee Blake, Co-Founders, HomelessRooms.co.uk
- Andy Glaves, Locata Client Relationship Manager and Corinne L. Copeland, Locata Project Manager
- Nic Abbott, Cheshire East, Homechoice Team Leader
- Professor Sarah Johnsen, Research Fellow, Heriot-Watt University
- Morland, Managing Director, Neil Morland & Co Housing Consultants
It’s not too late to book your place, go to the NHC website to find out more and register. This event is supported by Locata.